This is sooooo easy and great for a cold night or when you need comfort food!
* I left out the egg - since Harper is allergic so I think you could too - it was GREAT without it.
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken breast
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, sliced
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 1/2 cup frozen green peas
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Salt and pepper, optional
- 1 1/2 cups instant biscuit mix
- 1 cup milk
- 1 stick melted butter
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In a greased 2-quart casserole, layer the chicken, eggs, carrots, and peas. Mix the soup, chicken broth, and season with salt and pepper, if desired. Pour over the layers. Stir together the biscuit mix and milk, and pour this over the casserole. Drizzle butter over the topping. Bake until the topping is golden brown, 30 to 40 minutes.