Monday, May 11, 2009

Herbed Monkey Bread

This is a Paula Deen recipe and it's pure genius!!! This makes an awesome bread for any kind of special meal or party you are having - it is SO good I could eat the whole thing myself!

Ingredients
  • 1 stick butter melted, plus 1/4 cup melted butter, plus more for pan
  • 1 cup grated Parmesan, plus more for sprinkling
  • 2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning
  • 2 packages biscuits

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly butter a 12-cup Bundt pan; set aside.

In a small bowl, combine cheese and Italian seasoning.

Roll each individual biscuit into a ball. Dip each piece in the 1 stick of melted butter, then coat with the cheese mixture. Place dough into prepared pan; overlapping will occur. Bake bread, 30 to 35 minutes. Cover with aluminum foil during the last 10 minutes of baking to prevent excess browning, if needed.

Let cool in pan, 10 minutes; invert bread onto a serving plate. Drizzle remaining 1/4 cup melted butter on top and sprinkle with grated Parmesan.

11 comments:

Kim H. said...

I saw her make this the other day, and it does look AMAZING!

ladybug said...

I needed a new idea for a shower. Perfect. Thaks.

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure what "2 packages biscuits" means. Is it the biscuit dough in the tube? How many biscuits are needed? Thank you. : )

Anonymous said...

I always have done Monkey bread as a sweet treat with the same thing, bicquits, but used brown sugar, butter, and pecans (cinnamon optional). Basically, it's like cinnamon rolls. This is a wonderful alternative for a savory option. The sweet version is very yummy and makes a great breakfast!

Christy said...

what kind of biscuits do you use? and do you just put the balls of dough in the bottom of the bundt pan in one layer?

Alaska Girl said...

I will have to try this - I love Paula Deen. I probably already told you that I was this (fingers almost pinched together =]) to meeting her last summer when she came up on her cruise.

Thanks for all the work you put into your blog - it's one of my favorites!

L

On the Eastern Journey said...

This reminds me of the monkey bread I made with my Grandmaw last fall. Yum.

Love your new theme.

Trace and Sarah said...

This looks so yummy, I haven't ever seen this twist on monkey bread. I will have to rry it!

April said...

I will try this, come check out my new recipe blog just started it this week...

http://apeachykitchen.blogspot.com/

Sharee Forman said...

So I made this today for a playgroup I was going to, and everyone went NUTSO! It's so yummy (as it should be with all that butter, right), easy to make, cheap, healthy....well, 3 out of 4 ain't bad! thanks for sharing! Will definitely use again and again!

Jeff, Sarah, Lydia & Jack Henry said...

I'm going to make this for our Father's Day lunch Sunday! I can not wait to see how it turns out! I'm like y'all, I've never seen this version of Monkey Bread. We've always had the biscuits, cinnamon, sugar and butter kind!