Monday, April 27, 2009

Chicken Florentine

I saw this on a Paula Deen episode and thought it sounded good so I made it for my family this weekend. Make sure and drain the spinach WELL - I didn't and it made it a little too liquidy but it was still good! This is another dish that would be great to make and freeze and cook later!


Ingredients

  • 2 (10-ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach
  • 6 chicken breast halves (about 4 pounds), cooked, boned, and shredded
  • 2 (10 3/4-ounce) cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
  • 1 cup mayonnaise
  • 1 cup sour cream
  • 2 cup grated sharp Cheddar
  • 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
  • 1 teaspoon curry powder
  • Salt and freshly ground black pepper
  • 1/2 cup dry white wine
  • 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan
  • 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
  • 2 tablespoons butter

Directions

Remove the outer wrappers from the box of spinach. Open 1 end of each box. Microwave on full power for 2 minutes, until thawed. Drain the spinach and put into a large bowl. Add the shredded chicken.

In a medium bowl, combine the soup, mayonnaise, sour cream, Cheddar, lemon juice, curry powder, salt and pepper, to taste, and wine. Whisk together to make a sauce. Pour the sauce over the spinach and chicken. Mix well with a spatula.

Place the mixture into an 11 by 7-inch casserole dish or 2 (9-inch) square disposable aluminum foil pans that have been sprayed with vegetable oil cooking spray. Pat down evenly and smooth with a spatula. Combine the Parmesan and bread crumbs and sprinkle over the top. Dot with the butter.

Bake uncovered at 350 degrees F for about 30 minutes until bubbly.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

This looks so yummy! My sister is having a baby tomorrow, and I think I will make this for the weekend when the family arrives. Thanks for sharing!

Natalie Meester said...

great recipe for my supper swap group.

Thanks!

Jill said...

Yum! I am going to have to try this...Thanks for the ideas! Hope you all are doing well.

Brandi said...

i made this last night--it was so good!!!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the yummy recipes...I'm making this one tonight!
:D
Chandra

Emery Wilkerson said...

I made this tonight & we LOVED it!!! Thanks for the recipe! I chose to put in two 9x9 dishes & freeze one of them to have after our baby's arrival in a few weeks. It will be hard to wait & cook it then it was so good tonight! :-)

Lucy Mills said...

Oh gorgeous...but Paula needs to do some cheese free stuff...would feel guilty making this for just cheese-loving me and not hubby!

Kevin Flick said...

i have a spinach draining hint. for so long i struggled to get my thawed spinach completely drained but then i learned a neat thing from rachael ray. thaw your spinach then after it has cooled a bit dump it out on a cotton kitchen towel and squeeze out all the liquid. if the spinach it still hot i run cold water over it as i squeeze the liquid so i don't burn my hands. i have one towel designated for this job b/c it has a nice big green spinach stain, but it is worth it!!! helped me alot!

Michelle said...

Making this AGAIN for dinner tonight. Is wonderful served over egg noodles or rice.